Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More memories of magic

 
From Bob Christy;
When I was the PD at WHDH, Magic, recently divorced from the lovely Gwen, was working at WHBQ and had no where to go for the Holidays. I had him come to Boston to do Holiday fill-in and spend Christmas with us. He did 5 spectacular shows, so good in fact, Dave Croninger wanted me to fire Sean Casey and put Magic in PM drive. I talked Dave out of it  by telling him what he had heard the past week was everything Magic had and all we would get from then on would be variations on those themes. The Christmas morning "A little doe in your pocket" was amazing!  
(you should have shown Sean the door, as it might have mellowed him by the time he got to WROR where I had to deal with him stealing all the carts for his drop ins)
 
The dinner with Magic, Shotgun Tom and Wolfman Jack at Anthony's Pier 4, Magic and Shotgun, imitating the Wolfman perfectly all through dinner, the entire waitstaff and the other diners laughing their asses off and me driving home with aching ribs from laughing so hard.
 
Discovering the why I had a body print every morning on the shag carpet in my office (closet?) at WVBF, Magic was "shagging" Alida Roger's assistant on the floor virtually every night after his shift. He had discovered his house key worked in my lock!  Alida was the traffic director of both WVBF and sister AM WKOX..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment